|Products and Services:||2,363|
|Articles and publications:||818|
|Tenders & Vacancies:||75|
You are a start-up planning to invest in mobile app development and have envisaged a superb app idea as well. Sounds great! Nevertheless, the mobile app development cost is humongous and the market is highly competitive. So, it’s important to validate your app idea completely before you proceed to develop a fully functional application. So during the mobile app planning process, there are certain questions that businesses need to survey with the users to get the interest about the app idea like as below:
· Do users need your app?
· Does your app provide a solution to prevalent issues?
· If so, is there an urgent requirement for the solution your app offers?
· If yes, then is your solution unique enough to gain recognition?
After getting the positive response for the survey, the next step is hiring the required skills to execute your project. For this, you need to pick the right set of mobile app developers or a reliable mobile app development company to build a robust, interactive, and feature-rich app that conveys your brand’s perception. However, architecting apps involve several challenges and this is more so in the case of start-ups. Therefore, I have penned down the key factors that start-ups need to focus on while developing mobile applications for a business.
But, before we move ahead, check out the probable app development mistakes that start-ups tend to commit.
Commonest App development Mistakes to avoid
· If the wrong audience is targeted for designing the app; the app won’t get the success that is desired no matter how outstanding it is.
· An app should impart a similar look, feel and exhibit consistent behavior across different operating systems. But, this aspect is often forgotten.
· Start-ups often integrate too many features in an app leading to heavy battery drainage of the users’ smartphones; resulting in app uninstalls.
· In a bid to make the front-end of an app attractive; beginners tend to ignore the importance of creating a robust back-end which slows down the app’s interface.
What Should a Startup Focus on while building a Mobile App?
Thorough market Research
Conduct exhaustive market research and examine customer reviews on social media to identify the following aspects:
· The on-going trends and consumer requirements
· Who your competitors are, their strategies along with success rate, and their strengths and shortcomings.
· The unique selling point of popular applications.
· Existing issues and gaps that need to be resolved.
After thorough research, you will come to know the market demand; gaps that your app can fill up;pain areas encountered by users; and mistakes committed by your competitors. Now, it becomes easy to define the app’s objective and figure out what features you need to integrate into your application for making it a bestseller. Remember not to repeat your competitors’ mistakes and ensure that you offer fresh and complete solutions. This will make your app stand out amidst the crowd.
Defining the app’s Purpose
Defining your app’s specific purpose via a confident elevator pitch is crucial for achieving success.
· Decide on the business goals you are headed to achieve through the app. This way you will be able to communicate your mission very easily in just a few sentences to the potential investors or the mobile app development services you plan to hire.
· Convey to the target audience your app’s key functionality, usability, benefits and added advantages as compared to the existing options. This will convince users to pick your application over other similar options.
Establishing Brand Identity and USP
Create a digital brand identity and ensure that it is maintained throughout the app you create. The next important move that will help you to establish your digital footprints and fetch a notable position amongst the leading brand names is adopting a USP. USP or “unique selling proposition” refers to the marketing strategy of informing consumers about that unique advantage offered by a firm, service, brand or product; that makes it superior to its competitors. So, consider this feature to highlight the customer-centric product benefits.
Monetizing your app will expedite revenue generation and fetch you unprecedented profits. Check out the most trending app monetization business models.
· In-app purchases
· Sponsorships and in-app advertisements
· Paid applications
· Apps that are free to download but a purchase needs to be made to access specific features.
It is advisable to choose the monetization model depending on your business objective.
The way you design an app is a key factor that decides its fate. Here are the best design standards.
· Focus on making the app design responsive as the app would run on different devices of varying sized screens.
· Do not clutter your design with too much unnecessary information.
· Keep it simple as heavy designs consume a lot of device space and use up more data.
· The user interface must be simple and easy to use so that users can effortlessly navigate through your app.
· Follow the standards set by Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and Google Material Design.
Other Noteworthy Factors
· Consider factors like revenue, market share, and target audiences while finalizing the platforms and OS so that it harmonizes with your business goals.
· Providing offline access to some of the features of an app is the current trend and user expectation. This keeps users connected to your app even during lack of connectivity.
· While hiring a Mobile App Development Company; carefully examine their portfolio, work experience, past projects, proficiency, technology stacks used, etc. Also, ensure that the firm provides maintenance support post-deployment.
· Keep updating your application with new features to keep up with changing times.
I hope the aforesaid tips will enable start-ups to choose the right path as they commence their journey to develop a mobile app.
Planning to hire mobile application development services! Biz4Solutions a high-profile mobile app development company would be your perfect technology partner. Our highly experienced developers will assist you to turn your vision into reality.
The core technologies we offer: