Whether you’re working with cold storage, food & beverage, or heavy industrial operations in Texas, there’s a loading dock solution to fit your unique demands and warehouse challenges. Since the loading system plays an important role in your facility, it should be well maintained to keep the operation optimal, reduce accidents, and increase productivity.
Of the several equipment and devices that comprise a loading dock, a dock leveler is one that plays a huge role in your operation.
A dock leveler is a piece of equipment that is usually either mounted to the dock face or recessed into a pit at a loading dock door allowing movement of industrial vehicles between a building and a transport vehicle.
What are the Types of Levelers?
Dock levelers can function in several different ways, with different benefits and drawbacks for your loading dock business. Essentially, there are three types of dock levelers
such as mechanical
, and air units
1. Mechanical Dock Levelers
– consist of a series of springs and levers that can be manually operated to raise the loading platform and extend the lip assembly. Then the leveler is manually positioned to bridge with the delivery truck bed.
- least expensive leveler
- slower to operate
- more maintenance
- need regular adjustment to the hold-down system
We have several types of Mechanical Dock levelers for you to choose from are the following:
- Serco Mechanical Dock Leveler Model WS
- Kelley Model CM Mechanical Dock Leveler
- Serco Mechanical Dock Leveler Model WL
- Serco Mechanical Edge-of-Dock Leveler
2. Hydraulic Dock Leveler
– are designed structurally similar to mechanical levelers, however, powered by hydraulic cylinders
to raise the platform and extend the lip assembly to bridge the gap between the docking bay and the trailer or transport vehicle.
- easier to maintain
- faster to operate than mechanical levelers
- more expensive
- safer and easier to maintain
To get to know how our Hydraulic Dock Leveler can help your loading dock business, get a glimpse.
The hydraulic dock levelers we have are the following but not limited to:
- Kelley Model HK Hydraulic Dock Leveler
- Kelley Model HP Hydraulic Dock Leveler
- Kelley KH Hydraulic Edge-Of-Dock Leveler
- Kelley Model HHC Heavy Duty Hydraulic Dock Leveler
- Serco Hydraulic Dock Leveler Model HFC
- Serco Hydraulic Dock Leveler Model HL
- Serco Hydraulic Dock Leveler Model HLR
- Serco Hydraulic Dock Leveler Model HLQ
- Serco Hydraulic Dock Leveler Model HD
- Serco Hydraulic Edge-of-Dock Model
3. Air Powered Dock Levelers
– Air-powered dock levelers make use of an airbag to automatically raise and lower the platform.
- simple yet effective
- easiest to maintain
- eliminates messy hydraulic fluids and leaks
The air-powered dock leveler products we offer are:
- Kelley KA Air-Powered Edge-Of-Dock Leveler
- Kelley Air Powered AFXC Dock Leveler
- Kelley Air Powered Dock Leveler AFX
- Kelley Air Powered Dock Leveler W/ Safety Barrier Lip
- Serco Air Bag Dock Leveler Model AB
- Serco Air Powered Edge-of-Dock Model
Why is Dock Leveler Important?
The majority of the industries and loading bays are using this equipment to let the operations run easy, safe, and fast. Dock levelers are highly functional because of its feature-rich specifications and functionalities.
In most cases, your dock bay will not coincide with the height of all trucks that serve your loading zone, which is why dock levelers are essential.
can create a permanent part of the dock, thus bridging the gap between the dock and the truck or the warehouse floor at the same time.
When it comes to loading docks in Texas
, DuraServ Corp
is the leading service provider in the loading dock, commercial door, and equipment industry in Texas.
We can deliver service on a national scale to customers with large facilities.
Our dock lock repair in Texas
Teams are factory trained and fully qualified service technicians- some with over 25 years of experience. We work around the clock to keep your doors and dock equipment up and running.
The Specialty dock levelers we offer are the following:
- Kelley Model Versa Dock Extra Wide Hydraulic Dock Leveler
- Serco Vertical Hydraulic Rail Leveler
- Kelley VSL Vertical Storing Dock Leveler
- Serco Vertical Dock Leveler
- Serco Power-Assisted Dock Leveler Model PAL
- And more
What Happens if a Dock Leveler is Not Working Properly in Loading Dock System in Texas?
If a dock leveler is not working properly, how will it affect the loading dock operation? Dock levelers empower an easy and smooth sailing transition between the trailers and docks.
If a dock leveler is damaged or in need of unexpected repairs, the loading dock operations will stop, the whole company supply chain will result in the following:
- losing your worker productivity
- delays in the transition of goods, products, or items
- long delays will create productivity downtimes
- costly maintenance repairs
- low morale of workers
- potentially hinder vendor relationships
- eventually company profit losses
Our dock lock replacement Team in Texas is available 24/7 with Parts and Services. We have a Team of knowledgeable coordinators to take your call.
- Full fleet of service and installation trucks
- Fully stocked warehouse
- Team of factory trained and fully qualified service technicians
Why Contact a Professional Dock Leveler Repair Service in Texas?
Keeping your dock leveler operational may seem insignificant. However, failure to keep up with the maintenance of this piece of equipment threatens the company's bottom line.
DuraServ Corp' s Dock Inspection and Maintenance Team offers regular check-ups and repairs of your equipment and keep them running as they are designed, and operating at full capacity which will result in:
- increase operational reliability and efficiency
- longer life of the equipment
- lessening equipment malfunctioning
- lowering costly downtime
- lowering of long-term repair expense
- safe working environment
- big company savings
traces its origins back to 2001 when Southern Acquisitions started with Southern Dock Products and Just-Rite Equipment and operated 4 locations in Dallas TX, Houston TX, Atlanta GA, and Windsor NJ.
If you have a broken dock leveler in Texas
our Team can provide expert service and repair of commercial and industrial door systems. Our well-stocked fleet of service vehicles and expertly trained technicians will keep your dock systems operating safely.
Whether you need a retrofit or to work with your architect for a new design, our experts have all the right products. You can contact us
Contact us for service request
through our website.
You may also contact our National Accounts at:
- Fort Worth, TX
- Houston, TX
- Austin, TX
- Dallas, TX
- San Antonio, TX
- Shreveport, LA
- Baton Rouge, LA
- New Orleans, LA
- Atlanta, GA
- Savannah, GA
- Orlando, FL
- Tampa, FL
- Jacksonville, FL
- Fort Myers, FL
- Naples, FL
- Miami, FL
- Charlotte, NC
- Angier, NC
- Farmville, NC
- Greater Hickory, NC
- Sterling, VA
- Baltimore, MD
- Jamesburg, NJ
- South Windsor, CT
- Phoenix, AZ
- Philadelphia, PA
- Toronto, CA