|Products and Services:||2,537|
|Articles and publications:||1,708|
|Tenders & Vacancies:||77|
Outsourcing mobile application development services is a responsible job since one “wrong decision = decreased customer satisfaction”. As Ericsson Mobility Report suggests there is a growth of 63% in global time spent in apps on Android phones from 2014 to 2015.
There is an estimated increase of $0.8 in revenue generated per device from 2015 to 2020, with 2015’s revenue per device at $15.42 to 2020’s $16.22.
It is essential for mobile application development services to consider what platform to use, since it plays a vital role. The basic idea behind selecting app platform is that the application should reach a wide number of users.
Following are the 5 considerations while selecting platform for mobile application development services:
Target audience / Geography: It is important to consider target audience while selecting a platform since platforms vary widely by region. According to a survey, 51% of users in USA prefer Android and remaining 49% prefer iOS. In Europe, 62% for Android and 38% for iOS. In Asia, 47% for Android and 53% for iOS! (Source: Informationweek)
User behaviour: Mobile application development services understand the end users’ way of operating the app, as this would make an important difference. If the client wants to develop an application which runs smoothly in the background, service providers prefer Android over iOS, since iOS has certain limitations for apps running in background.
Feature: Mobile application development services consider required features and compare them with the abilities of a certain platform. If client considers the “run-once-run-everywhere” approach, cross platform development is prefered by service providers. While on the other side, Native development is prefered (using Windows, Android & iOS) in case of customized applications, since it offers great user experience.
User expectations: iOS platform is prefered when client is willing to launch an innovative app; because of the extra-ordinary features offered by iOS. While Android users are more reluctant
Cost: Research in advance regarding how much a particular platform is going to cost you. Always consider choosing the platform that can give you good ROI. Consider additional cost to submit an application in the app store causes developer account cost to the organization. Google play charges $25 for this service. While Apple charges $100.
Good mobile application development services consider all these factors while selecting the platform. They also assist clients in selecting the most suited platforms since they have expertise and deep knowledge of the respective market. You can’t afford an app failure because of the wrong platform!
Suma Soft’s mobile application development team is highly efficient and assists clients in selecting the right platform. We have proven expertise in developing cutting-edge Android and iOS